Thursday 25 April 2013

Decorating Digestives

This is something I remember doing as a little girl with my mum and wee sister (shout out to my sister Anna who is an actual qualified teacher and gives me leftover craft supplies!), and I was reminded of it when I came across it in Poppet's Make with Maisy book. I switched the icing for melted chocolate because we have a glut of leftover non-Cadbury chocolate Easter eggs, and my mum has arrived to stay bearing Jelly Tots & Chocolate Buttons so I used them too. I put the sweeties out in little bowls along with some raisins and hundreds&thousands and a bowl of melted chocolate, ready for Poppet to wake up from her afternoon nap.


I find this is the best time for me to set up a little 'Invitation To Play' for her as it gives her something to focus on while coming to from her groggy sleepy state. CBeebies also works!
She got stuck in pretty much straightaway, after a little instruction on how to 'glue' the sweets and raisins on she was away. She only popped a few sweets in her mouth and was very restrained considering. 

The finished biscuits!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day!