Monday 26 August 2013

Playing Cars


Poppet requested that we "make a car", so using some odds and ends from the garden and from our box of recycling, we managed it. When she first asked, I was thinking out loud to myself "How am I going to make a car?" and she heard and replied with "Don't worry mum!". Nice to know she has such faith in me!


I found an old key (at least I think it's old, I have no idea what it is for) and gave it to her. She loved this key, loved finding little holes to stick it into, carrying it about everywhere, losing it then frantically asking "where's my car keys?!" (I think she must have learnt that from her daddy!).

Lunch was a drive-through that day, she did not want to leave her car. I was told to come in quite a lot, first of all squeezed into the passenger seat, later on I was relagated to the back seat after monkey took my place.


The car had to be quickly dismantled during a sudden rainy spell, but the bare bones of it were left out and continued to be used as a car for a few days. Poppet took Little to the shops a few times, even opening the car door for her, entreating her to "get out", and then telling her she had to "hold hands, busy road".



They are really beginning to play together now!

Poppet:2yrs 7mos
Little: 10mos

2 comments:

  1. A child's creative imagination at work, fab,a bit of recycling and bits and bobs and away she goes. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos of outdoor fun with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i just hope that next week she doesn't request a space ship, i might find that one a little more difficult!

      Delete

Comments make my day!